Get ahead in English with our Year 10 Accelerated English course.
Prepare for Prelim HSC English in small classes taught by experienced teachers.
All for just $70 per week.
1. We accelerate you into Year 11 English so you’re confident for HSC English
Our Year 10 classes help students systematically develop an in-depth understanding and mastery of the key writing fundamentals that are required for HSC English so you are confident and ready when you begin Year 11!
2. We develop your English writing and analysis skills so you are ready for HSC-style assessments
Our Year 10 classes help students develop their writing and analysis skills by breaking down step by step how to write Band 6 essays, write creatively, analyse your texts and more, so you can confidently respond to HSC style assessments when you start Year 11!
3. We get you confident and organised for Senior English with inspirational mentoring
Recognising that excelling in English isn’t simply an equation of knowing your texts well, our Year 10 English team mentor you, teaching you how to effectively study and prepare for your HSC English so you’ve developed the habits before you start Prelim HSC!
Here’s how our Year 10 English classes work:
1.5 Hour Skills
In our skills focused classes, we help you develop your writing skills for HSC English, showing you how to craft Band 6 essays, analyse texts, write creatively and more so you’re ready for the Year 11 English course!
Unlimited Tutorial Support
In our tutorials we answer any questions you have from school and support you with your assessments for English and any other subject you need support with. This way you’ll also excel in Year 10, while preparing for Year 11!
New Syllabus Resources
Master the key skills you need for Year 11 English with our comprehensive 500+ page resources filled with step-by-step exercises and key insights, designed by experienced and qualified English teachers.
Taught by Experienced Teachers
Our Year 10 English classes are led by our team of experienced English teachers and tutors. From university graduates with degrees in English, to 98+ ATAR scorers, our Year 10 English teachers are fantastic communicators!
Year 10 Accelerated English Term Program
10 weekly engaging lessons per term
Term 1: The Art of Creative Writing
- Week 1: Introduction to the Year 10 Program
- Week 2: Character Development
- Week 3: Mastering Setting
- Week 4: Narrative Viewpoint
- Week 5: Plot Structure
- Week 6: Dialogue
- Week 7: Showing vs Telling
- Week 8: Planning Your Creative Writing
- Week 9: Writing Creatively – Written Response
- Week 10: How to Edit Your Creative Writing
Term 2: Understanding How to Analyse Texts
- Week 1: Introduction to Analysing Texts
- Week 2: How to Identify Key Ideas and Themes in Your Text – Part I
- Week 3: How to Identify Key Ideas and Themes in Your Text – Part II
- Week 4: Textual Analysis – Film
- Week 5: Textual Analysis – Images
- Week 6: Textual Analysis – Novels and Prose
- Week 7: Textual Analysis – Poetry
- Week 8: Textual Analysis – New Media Forms
- Week 9: Responding to Unseen Texts
- Week 10: Unseen Texts Timed Practice Response
Term 3: Writing Band 6 Essays
- Week 1: Introduction to Essay Writing – Structure
- Week 2: Understanding the Question and Developing a Thesis
- Week 3: How to Write Your Introduction
- Week 4: What makes a good paragraph?
- Week 5: Finding Relevant Textual Evidence
- Week 6: Writing Coherent & Cogent Analysis
- Week 7: Linking your Analysis and Paragraphs to your Thesis
- Week 8: Writing a Conclusion
- Week 9: The Reviewing and Editing Process
- Week 10: Writing an Essay – Timed Written Response
Term 4: Year 11 Preparation
- Week 1: Introduction to the Preliminary English Syllabus – Advanced/Standard Common Module
- Week 2: Imaginative & Creative Writing in Year 11
- Week 3: Writing a Reflection Statement
- Week 4: Responding to Unseen texts
- Week 5: Module A – Contemporary Possibilities/Narratives that Shape our World
- Week 6: How to Find & Integrate Related Texts
- Week 7: Multi-Modal Tasks Explained
- Week 8: Module B Close/Critical Study of a Text
- Week 9: Planning an Essay Response
- Week 10: Writing an Essay
Year 10 English Class Guide and Tutorial Structure
Our class structure has been carefully designed to support students accelerate into Year 11 English so students are ready for prelim HSC whilst supporting them excel in Year 10 English at school!
Here’s a sneak peak of our Year 10 English Resources!
Our Year 10 English Resources are:
Designed by a qualified English teacher, with over 20+ years teaching experience in NSW schools, including Head of English, leading entire English faculties at multiple schools.
Over 500+ pages across 4 x Term Resource Books that systematically covers the key writing and analysis skills you need to develop for HSC English in Year 11
Step-by-step breakdowns on how to analyse texts, write Band 6 essays, write creatively, find related texts and more!
Includes worked examples and tips, tricks and hacks to help you understand key content and respond to challenging assessments
Learn from and be inspired by experienced Year 10 English teachers
Our Year 10 English classes are led by experienced Art of Smart Senior Tutors who have significant teaching experience successfully guiding students through the HSC.
Additionally, they have undergraduate degrees in English, Literature & History, are pre-service English teachers, or have scored a 98+ ATAR and are English subject matter experts!
Our team’s enthusiasm for English is contagious! Come and try a class and get inspired!
Successfully helping students excel in Year 10 English at school since 2009
Students we’ve tutored & mentored
Average mark increase of our students
Hours we’ve tutored & counting
Year 10 English Term Timetable
10 x 1.5 hour engaging weekly lessons to build your knowledge
Tuesday 4PM – 5:30PM
Saturday 11AM – 12:30PM
Tuesday 4PM – 5PM
Wednesday 4PM – 5PM
Thursday 4PM – 5PM
Saturday 11AM – 12PM
Class location or timing doesn’t fit your schedule?
We provide 1 on 1 tutoring in homes across Sydney.
Year 10 English Class Pricing
$70 per week for 1.5 Hour Classes + Up to 4 Hours Tutorial Support
Here’s what you will receive:
- Classes taught by experienced English teachers & tutors
- 10 weekly engaging classes that prepare students for Year 11 and 12
- 1.5 Hour Skills Class per week and unlimited access to our scheduled tutorial sessions
- Comprehensive New HSC Syllabus Resources
- Over 500+ pages of step by step resources throughout the year
- Study pass to study at our campus during the week
All classes come with a First Lesson Money Back Guarantee, so you can get confident that the class is the right fit for you!
Say goodbye to HSC worry with our proven results
Schools our students attend
7 in 10
Students score a Band 5 or 6
Gain entry to goal uni course
Get Started with Year 10 English Tutoring Today!
Give our friendly team a call today on 1300 267 888 to enrol in one of our classes or follow the steps below!