Get confident and master
Year 8 English.
Build a strong foundation in small classes taught by experienced teachers. All for just $60 per week.
1. We help you master the key writing fundamentals for Year 8 English
Our Year 8 classes help students systematically develop an in-depth understanding and mastery of the key writing fundamentals so you are confident in your own writing!
2. We develop your English writing and analysis skills so you can excel in your assessments
Our Year 8 classes help students develop their writing and analysis skills by breaking down step by step how to write strong essays, write creatively, analyse texts and more, so you can confidently respond to assessments!
3. We get you confident and organised for Year 8 English with inspirational mentoring
Recognising that excelling in English isn’t simply an equation of knowing your texts well, our Year 8 English team mentor you, teaching you how to effectively study and prepare for assessments so you develop healthy study habits that last!
Here’s how our Year 8 English classes work:
1 Hour Skills
In our skills focused classes, we help you develop your writing skills for Year 8 English, showing you how to craft strong essays, analyse texts, write creatively and more so you’re ready for any English assessment!
Unlimited Tutorial Support
In our tutorials we answer any questions you have from school and support you with your assessments for English and any other subject you need support with. This way, you’ll excel in Year 8 English with personalised help that leaves no stone unturned!
New Syllabus Resources
Master the key skills you need for Year 8 English with our comprehensive 200+ page resources filled with step-by-step exercises and key insights, designed by experienced and qualified English teachers.
Taught by Experienced Teachers
Our Year 8 English classes are led by our team of experienced English teachers and tutors. From university graduates with degrees in English, to 98+ ATAR scorers, our Year 8 English teachers are fantastic communicators!
Year 8 English Term Program
10 weekly engaging lessons per term
Term 1: Poetry
- Week 1: Overview of Poetry & Poetic Structures
- Week 2: Poetic Techniques
- Week 3: Close Reading of Poetry
- Week 4: How to Use a TEE Table for Poetry
- Week 5: How to Analyse Visual Poetry Part 1
- Week 6: How to Analyse Visual Poetry Part 2
- Week 7: Writing Poetry
- Week 8: Reviewing and Editing Poetry
- Week 9: Poetry Anthologies
- Week 10: End of Term Assessment
Term 2: Close Study of a Novel
- Week 1: Introduction Novels – To Kill a Mockingbird
- Week 2: Exploring Point of View in a Novel
- Week 3: How to Do a Close Study of A Novel Part 1
- Week 4: How to Do a Close Study of A Novel Part 2
- Week 5: Understanding How Language Shapes Perspective
- Week 6: How to Use a TEE Table for Analysing Novels
- Week 7: Introduction to Related Text
- Week 8: Comparison of To Kill a Mockingbird & Related Text
- Week 9: How do Modern Texts Explore Issues – Digital Storytelling
- Week 10: Assessment
Term 3: Persuasive Writing & Drama
- Week 1: Introduction to Persuasive Writing
- Week 2: Exploration of Different Kinds of Persuasive Writing
- Week 3: The Structure of Strong Presentations
- Week 4: How to Deliver a Strong Presentation
- Week 5: How to Write A Speech
- Week 6: Exploring The Spoken Word in Drama
- Week 7: Dramatic Techniques Explored
- Week 8: Close Reading of a Drama
- Week 9: Using a TEE Table to Analyse Drama
- Week 10: Comparisons Between Written and Spoken Word
Term 4: Comedy
- Week 1: Introduction to Humour and Comedy
- Week 2: Exploration of Slapstick
- Week 3: Exploration of Satire
- Week 4: Exploration of Parody
- Week 5: Introduction to Creative Writing
- Week 6: Using Humour in Creative Writing Part 1
- Week 7: Using Humour in Creative Writing Part 2
- Week 8: Exploration of Comedy Skits
- Week 9: Designing Your Own Comedy Show Part 1
- Week 10: Designing Your Own Comedy Show Part 2
Studying Year 8 English in a different sequence at your school?
We run classes on different sequences upon request and also provide 1 on 1 tutoring.
Year 8 English Guide Class and Tutorial Structure
Designed to support students excel in the Year 8 English at school, students join a 1 hour class that helps them develop their writing skills and an additional 1 hour of small tutorial lessons designed to support students with homework and assessments.
Learn from and be inspired by experienced Year 8 English teachers
Our Year 8 English classes are led by experienced Art of Smart Senior Tutors who have significant teaching experience successfully guiding students through the HSC.
Additionally, they have undergraduate degrees in English, Literature & History, are pre-service English teachers, or have scored a 98+ ATAR and are English subject matter experts!
Our team’s enthusiasm for English is contagious! Come and try a class and get inspired!
Successfully helping students excel in Year 8 English at school since 2009
Students we’ve tutored & mentored
Average mark increase of our students
Hours we’ve tutored & counting
Year 8 English Term Timetable
10 x 1 hour engaging weekly lessons to build your knowledge
Wednesday 4PM – 5PM
Saturday 9AM – 10AM
Monday 4PM – 5PM
Tuesday 4PM – 5PM
Thursday 4PM – 5PM
Saturday 11AM – 12PM
Class location or timing doesn’t fit your schedule?
We provide 1 on 1 tutoring in homes across Sydney.
Year 8 English Class Pricing
$60 per week for 1.5 Hour Classes + Up to 4 Hours Tutorial Support
Here’s what you will receive:
- Classes taught by experienced English teachers & tutors
- 10 weekly engaging classes that will prepare you for Year 9 & 10
- 1 Hour Skills Class per week and unlimited access to our scheduled tutorial sessions
- Comprehensive Year 8 Syllabus Resources
- Over 200+ pages of step by step resources throughout the year
- Study pass to study at our campus during the week
All classes come with a First Lesson Money Back Guarantee, so you can get confident that the class is the right fit for you!
Say goodbye to HSC worry with our proven results
Schools our students attend
7 in 10
Students score a Band 5 or 6
Gain entry to goal uni course
Get Started with Year 8 English Tutoring Today!
Give our friendly team a call today on 1300 267 888 to enrol in one of our classes or follow the steps below!