Get confident and master Year 9 English.
Build a strong foundation in small classes taught by experienced teachers. From just $35 per hour.
1. We help you master the key writing fundamentals for Year 9 English
Our Year 9 classes help students systematically develop an in-depth understanding and mastery of the key writing fundamentals so you are confident in your own writing!
2. We develop your English writing and analysis skills so you can excel in your assessments
Our Year 9 classes help students develop their writing and analysis skills by breaking down step by step how to write sophisticated essays, write creatively, analyse texts and more, so you can confidently respond to assessments!
3. We get you confident and organised for Year 9 English with inspirational mentoring
Recognising that excelling in English isn’t simply an equation of knowing your texts well, our Year 9 English team mentor you, teaching you how to effectively study and prepare for assessments so you develop great study habits that last!
Here’s how our Year 9 English classes work:
1 Hour Skills
In our skills focused classes, we help you develop your writing skills for Year 9 English, showing you how to craft essays, analyse texts, write creatively and more so you’re ready for any English assessment!
1 Hour Tutorial Support
In our tutorials we answer any questions you have from school and support you with your assessments for English and any other subject you need support with. This way, you’ll excel in Year 9 English with personalised help that leaves no stone unturned!
New Syllabus Resources
Master the key skills you need for Year 9 English with our comprehensive 200+ page resources filled with step-by-step exercises and key insights, designed by experienced and qualified English teachers.
Taught by Experienced Teachers
Our Year 9 English classes are led by our team of experienced English teachers and tutors. From university graduates with degrees in English, to 98+ ATAR scorers, our Year 9 English teachers are fantastic communicators!
Year 9 English Accelerated Term Program
10 weekly engaging lessons per term
Term 1: Creative Writing
- Week 1: Introduction to Writing – The Power of the Pen
- Week 2: Creating Evocative Texts – What are Literary Devices?
- Week 3: Writing Creatively – Setting a Vivid Scene (Time & Place)
- Week 4: Writing Creatively – Introducing your Character/s
- Week 5: Writing Creatively – Developing the Plot
- Week 6: Writing Creatively – ‘Showing’ versus ‘Telling’ (Helping your Reader Interpret the Narrative)
- Week 7: Writing Creatively – The Effective Use of Dialogue
- Week 8: Writing Creatively – Planning & Writing Your Creative
- Week 9: Writing Creatively – Editing and Re-writing
- Week 10: Analysing and Reflecting on Your Creative
Term 2: Poetry & Drama
- Week 1: What is Poetry?
- Week 2: Features Unique to Poetry
- Week 3: How to Analyse Poetry – Step by Step
- Week 4: Using Poetry as Stimulus for Creative Writing – Diary Entry
- Week 5: Applying Your Poetic Knowledge to Shakespeare – Sonnets
- Week 6: Analysing Shakespeare – a Step by Step Guide for Year 9
- Week 7: Analysing Shakespeare – Act 3, Scene 5 Romeo & Juliet
- Week 8: Shakespeare (continued) – Writing from the Character’s Perspective
- Week 9: Editing & Re-writing your Draft
- Week 10: Using Your Knowledge – Analysing Unseen Poems
Term 3: Film & Visual Texts
- Week 1: Understanding Film – Features Unique to Film
- Week 2: Features of Film (continued)
- Week 3: Analysing a Scene – Tropfest 2013 film (Be My Brother)
- Week 4: Writing about Film – How to Demonstrate Your Understanding
- Week 5: Images and Visual Texts – Different Types of Texts
- Week 6: Features Unique to Visual Texts
- Week 7: How to Analyse Visual Texts – Images
- Week 8: How to Analyse Visual Texts – Comics (a Sequenced Narrative)
- Week 9: Responding to Questions on Visual Texts
- Week 10: Revising Techniques Used in Film and Visual Texts
Term 4: Non-Fiction Prose and Persuasive Writing
- Week 1: Understanding Non-Fiction Prose
- Week 2: Features of Non-Fiction Prose
- Week 3: Strategies for Analysing Non-Fiction Prose (Step-by-step)
- Week 4: Writing a Response – What do I Include?
- Week 5: Understanding the Importance of a Marking Criteria
- Week 6: What is Persuasive Writing?
- Week 7: Structure of a Persuasive Essay – the Sustained Argument
- Week 8: Planning and Writing a Persuasive Essay
- Week 9: Editing and Re-writing your Essay
- Week 10: Writing Skills needed for Year 10 English Responses
Studying Year 9 English in a different sequence at your school?
We run classes on different sequences upon request and also provide 1 on 1 tutoring.
Year 9 English Guide Class and Tutorial Structure
Designed to support students excel in the Year 9 English at school, students join a 1 hour class that helps them develop their writing skills and an additional 1 hour of small tutorial lessons designed to support students with homework and assessments.
Learn from and be inspired by experienced Year 9 English teachers
Our Year 9 English classes are led by experienced Art of Smart Senior Tutors who have significant teaching experience successfully guiding students through the HSC.
Additionally, they have undergraduate degrees in English, Literature & History, are pre-service English teachers, or have scored a 98+ ATAR and are English subject matter experts!
Our team’s enthusiasm for English is contagious! Come and try a class and get inspired!
Successfully helping students excel in Year 9 English at school since 2009
Students we’ve tutored & mentored
Average mark increase of our students
Hours we’ve tutored & counting
Year 9 English Term Timetable
10 x 1 hour engaging weekly lessons to build your knowledge
Tuesday 4:00PM – 5:00PM
Saturday 12:00PM – 1:00PM
Class location or timing doesn’t fit your schedule?
We provide 1 on 1 tutoring in homes across Sydney.
Year 9 English Class Pricing
$35 p/h x 2 hours = $70 per week
Here’s what you will receive:
- Classes taught by experienced English teachers & tutors
- 10 weekly engaging, time-saving classes
- 1 Hour Skills Class per week and 1 Hour Tutorial
- Comprehensive Year 9 Syllabus Resources
- Over 200+ pages of step by step resources throughout the year
- Study pass to study at our campus during the week
All classes come with a First Lesson Money Back Guarantee, so you can get confident that the class is the right fit for you!
Say goodbye to HSC worry with our proven results
Schools our students attend
7 in 10
Students score a Band 5 or 6
Gain entry to goal uni course
Get Started with Year 9 English Tutoring Today!
Give our friendly team a call today on 1300 267 888 to enrol in one of our classes or follow the steps below!